Sunday, March 4, 2012

Walking Dead Commercial Break...ready, set, BLOG!

Ok, so it's the final week before the hike. It's hard to believe that one week from right now I will be spending my first night on the trail. Everyone has been asking me if I am excited, and honestly I have been too busy to even really think about it. I just need to get on the trail so it will finally sink in. This week will be chaotic, but that's fine. So I am going to keep this short and sweet.

$1625 raised for Active Water so far! Getting closer and closer each week to that $4500 goal. If you haven't given yet, it's not too late!

I want to spend a minute to talk about something more important than hiking. This last week, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and several other states were hit hard with some rough storms. Though we were fortunate in my town to not get hit, others were not so lucky. Several lives have been lost and several communities are going to have a long road ahead to rebuild. Please keep these families and these communities in your prayers. On a similar note, these same storms passed over Georgia where several hikers hiking the trail this year were. Luckily they got off the trail and got in a hostel for the night. Storms are going to hit and there are going to be nights where we are going to have to weather the storm outside. I ask that you would keep me and all my fellow hikers in your prayers. If you need ideas about what to pray, you can pray for some of these- safety, families of hikers, our feet, and our health.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to send you lots of luck and trail magic your way. I work with your mom and she told me about your trip. Best wishes!!!! Michele'

    ReplyDelete